Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

DIGOUT - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* DIGOUT > Topics

Subject: Why the law was given
Replies: 8 Views: 1054

endtimes 10.06.08 - 12:29pm
..i would not have known what sin was except through the law. Romans 7:7-25

So many christians are puzzled by the relationship of the law and grace that we must spend some time considering the matter. The Reformers used to put it like this: the law sends us to Christ to be justified, and Christ sends us back to the law to be sanctified. *

endtimes 10.06.08 - 12:42pm
This might raise the question in some people's minds: why was the law given in the first place? A simple answer is that it made things worse in order to make them better. The law exposes sin by lifting the lid off so-called respectability and shows us the reality of what lies underneath. *

endtimes 10.06.08 - 01:58pm
One theologian has said that if it were possible to carry out a biopsy of our soul, it would show that even in the tiniest fragment of it there is enough sin to justify God sending us to hell for eternity. We are shot through with sin. Within us all there is a spirit of rebellion against God and a sense of guilt that, though our education and socialization may cover it over, is revealed by God's law. *

endtimes 10.06.08 - 02:00pm
The great preachers of the past would always bring the law of God to bear upon people's souls before turning to talk about the grace of God which appeared in Jesus Christ. *

endtimes 10.06.08 - 02:05pm
John Wesley said, first i preach the law and then i sprinkle it with grace. Perhaps that is why we dont see much conviction of sin as a result of todays evangelistic endeavors. The prophets of Jeremiah's day were accused by him of putting band-aids on people's wounds instead of performing deep surgery. (Jer 6:14) *

endtimes 10.06.08 - 02:13pm
Many of todays prophets act in a similar way. Not until the law was smitten us will we see our need of the gospel. However, the law does not operate on its own; it is the Spirit working through the law who brings what we most need - conviction of sin.

notes: Unveiled Faces *

endtimes 10.06.08 - 02:23pm
Wow, im learning something here. *

addy12 13.06.08 - 12:12am
D reformers were right by saying dt d law sends us 2 Christ 2 b justified but i think dy r wrong by saying dt Christ sent us back 2 d law 2 be sanctified. This is because jn 17:17 says sanctify them thru ur word, ur word is truth. Acts 20:32, I commend u unto God and unto d word of his grace which is able 2 build u up and give u an inheritance among them that r sanctified. So just as we r justified by God i.e been made righteous, we r also sanctified by him. *

6j0 4.06.11 - 10:53am
clapping.GIF *

* DIGOUT Forum

Search:
topics replies

* DIGOUT

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits